While doing some recent research on some watches online I noticed something that all forums & messge boards seem to have in common. I thought it was quite funny so I had to make a quick list. It’s the 3 type of people that will respond to your watch related questions or your pictures of your watch.
In a quick list below I will run through the list of 3 people you are bound to run into on a watch forum or message board. Let’s just hope you only run in the number one on my list:
1. The Helper
- This is the person you always hope will comment first on your questions.
- This person is knowledgeable on the subject in question; may have done the research already.
- Will answer your question directly
- Directs the person asking questions to someone more knowledgeable or even links him to more information.
- Will give you a honest answer.
2. The Know-It All
- This person’s advice is the ONLY advice to follow.
- Will argue will all other posts that don’t agree with their view.
- This person has to leave a negative comment about the question being asked.
- Does everything within the post but give any useful information.
- Hates fashion, cheap, homage, or watches with not a long line of history immediately.
3. The Waste of Money
- First person to question a person’s priorities when someone asks a question on a luxury watch.
- They like to ask “Why spend so much on a watch”?
- The person will say to invest your money in something smarter than a watch.
- “Why buy a Rolex, etc. when a Timex can do the same thing”.
- The best answer I see is “Why not just use your phone”.
If you are already in a forum or belong to a message board I’m sure some of this sounds pretty familiar to you. I just got a good laugh putting this together because these are some of the things I’ve seen in the world of horology.
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add? Feel free to drop a comment below! Be sure to subscribe 🙂